python novice

From: Adam
Subject: python novice
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 18:20:22 -0400

I have an example python program in
a buffer called test.py

am using GNU Emacs 21.3.2 (a mandrake version)
C-h m  shows python bindings for that buffer

So when I C-c C-c  (py-execute-buffer)
I receive the error;

"Wrong argument type: sequencep, cpython"

Whereas the same python program saved chmod +x and
run from the $ prompt works fine.

How should I go about finding out about that error message ?

Should I download the emacs python stuff from
www.python.org/emacs ?
as that would involve crashing it in on top of any existing
python bindings that I seem to have at present.
and it says there Emacs 20 versions, whereas I'm on 21.3

Should I remove the existing Python package from
my current emacs before installing the python ones ?