Ispell personal dictionary *with language suffix*

From: Slawomir Nowaczyk
Subject: Ispell personal dictionary *with language suffix*
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 13:33:17 +0200

Hello,

I would like to personalise my personal ispell dictionary, by placing
it in another directory than my HOME (basically because I have two
"kinds" of personal dictionaries, depending on what am working on, and
I want to be able to switch between them).

I know I can use ispell-personal-dictionary for that. However, I also
use a couple of different languages, and I like to have a separate
personal dictionary for each language (using dictionary name as a
suffix, as is the default), which AFAIU ispell-personal-dictionary
doesn't allow me to set... right?

I was thinking about using ispell-change-dictionary-hook to manually
create personal dictionary name depending on the new language, but
there doesn't appear to be such a hook :(

I guess I could do that with defadvice... but before I go this route,
I thought I would ask if anybody knows a better way?

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

I believe that math illiteracy affects 7 out of every 5 people.