Re: local key swap? alternatives?

From: Francisco Borges
Subject: Re: local key swap? alternatives?
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 11:42:55 +0200

ยป On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 12:41AM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> Have you taken a look at key-translation-map?
> Something like
>
>   (define-key key-translation-map "4" "$")
>   (define-key key-translation-map "$" "4")

This seems to be better than using the macros but also worse...

It's better because LaTeX mode still knows that $$, () etc should match
each other but using key-translation-map, I'm mapping the keys globally,
so the whole emacs has the keys swapped.

I tried using local-key-translation-map but the local in it does not
mean "local buffer". So by now my problems are:

Using macros:
I loose blinking matches of [], {} etc
I loose using ^ to accentuate with quail, if I do swap 6^

Using key-translation-map:
I remap globally
I loose using ^ to accentuate with quail, if I do swap 6^

Any other ideas?

                       --------

Thanks for the help,
--