Re: etags: M-. jump to the tag(called func), but then how can i jump BAC

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: etags: M-. jump to the tag(called func), but then how can i jump BACK(the calling line)?
Date: 11 Sep 2005 09:43:29 -0400

zhengfish> Hi, I'm a newbie for emacs+etags.  when i read source in
zhengfish> emacs with etags: M-. jump to the tag(called func), but then
zhengfish> how can i jump BACK to the where the calling line?

I don't think there is one way that always works.  You have to notice if
jumping to the tag you switched to a different buffer or not.  If yes,
just switch to the original buffer with C-x b.  If not, use the fact
that Emacs leaves a mark at the original spot, and do pop-mark (C-u
C-SPC).

--
Optimist: We're only two weeks behind schedule.
Pessimist: The schedule is a whole two weeks ahead of us.