Re: etags: M-. jump to the tag(called func), but then how can i jump BAC

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: etags: M-. jump to the tag(called func), but then how can i jump BACK(the calling line)?
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 22:42:53 +0200

Ilya Zakharevich <nospam-abuse@ilyaz.org> writes:

> zhengfish
> <zhengfish@gmail.com>], who wrote in article
> <1126436508.461480.28080@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>:
>> Hi, I'm a newbie for emacs+etags.

>> when i read source in emacs with etags: M-. jump to the tag(called
>> func), but then how can i jump BACK to the where the calling line?
>
> This is a gaping hole in the Emacs UI.  I wrote a package,
> imenu-go.el, which behaves "as expected".

Hardly.

M-* runs the command pop-tag-mark
   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `etags'.
It is bound to M-*.
(pop-tag-mark)

Pop back to where M-. was last invoked.

This is distinct from invoking M-. with a negative argument
since that pops a stack of markers at which tags were found, not from
where they were found.

[back]