wrong type argument commandp defadvice

From: cerios
Subject: wrong type argument commandp defadvice
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 02:54:43 -0700

Hi, I got this error
     wrong type argument commandp defadvice
on visiting a .tex file, and then emacs mostly froze - the menus
were still active, but I could not move the cursor or do any
command using the menu, even quit.

It's not nicely repeatable -  I visited the same .tex file again
and it did not happen.  I've at least one other similar error recently.

This is on 22.0.50.1 on a mac.

If anything I suspect something related to the jde package, though
I don't know where to begin to deal with this.

Annoying... emacs was rock solid for ages; I wish I could
(Another recent problem - I found I was saving files in a unicode
character set, NOT something I wanted!   Somehow got it to stop
that before a large number of my files were msessed up).

Thanks for any suggestions