ispell process gets killed

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: ispell process gets killed
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 00:08:03 +0200

Hello!

I thought I've set up the correct environment for ispell in .emacs, but then it fails, and it fails with traces like these in *Messages*:

        View mode: type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.
        Ispell process killed
        Starting new Ispell process...

How can I avoid that some mode thinks it has to kill ispell and launch another one with wrong settings (i.e. English)?

Beside view-mode there's at least flyspell-mode which is convinced it knows better than me how to use ispell.

Obviously view.el and flyspell.el are only doing less than half of their jobs: they're not setting

        (setq ispell-local-dictionary-alist
            '(("english"
               "[a-zA-Z]" "[^a-zA-Z]" "[']" t ("-C") "~tex" iso-8859-1)
              ("deutsch8"
               "[a-zA-ZÄÖÜßäöüÇÊÈÍÎÌÓÔÒÚÛÙÑÆçàâáéêèíîìóôòúûùñæ]"
               "[^a-zA-ZÄÖÜßäöüÇÊÈÍÎÌÓÔÒÚÛÙÑÆçàâáéêèíîìóôòúûùñæ]"
               "" t ("-d" "deutsch") "~latin9" iso-8859-15)
        ))

so ispell works in 7bit mode ...

--
Greetings

  Pete

If my theory of relativity is proven successful, Germany will claim me
as a German, and France will declare that I am a citizen of the world.
Should my theory prove untrue, France will say that I am a German, and
Germany will declare that I am a Jew.          --Albert Einstein, 1929