Preventing emacs from discarding buffers

From: Ignatz
Subject: Preventing emacs from discarding buffers
Date: 18 Sep 2005 07:41:25 -0700

I am running emacs21 under X11 on a Mac laptop. I have a scroll-wheel
mouse, and I have a nasty habit of unintentionally discarding buffers.
It happens when the mouse pointer is on the "Discard Buffers" icon and
I absent-mindedly scroll down with the scroll wheel.

I'd like to remove the "Discard Buffers" icon altogether, unless anyone
has a better solution. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Ig