Alternate init file, take two (was: Alternative init file)

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Alternate init file, take two (was: Alternative init file)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 09:32:57 +0200

August Karlstrom <fusionfive@comhem.se> writes:

> Henrik Enberg wrote:
>>>From: August Karlstrom <fusionfive@comhem.se>
>>>Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:48:57 GMT
>>>
>>> Is there a way to instruct Emacs to use an alternative
>>> initialization file, something like
>>>
>>>    $ emacs --init-file=~/.emacs2
>> emacs -q --load ~/.emacs2
>
> OK, thanks everyone.

One problem with this solution is that any customizations the user
might do (using M-x customize), will be saved to ~/.emacs and not the
alternative init file.

Does anyone have any solution for this? Sometimes I want to start a
more "light" Emacs with a smaller init file, but still be able to use
the customize tool and save that to my smaller init file.

/Mathias