Re: Delete M-TAB behaviour in Emacs

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Delete M-TAB behaviour in Emacs
Date: 20 Sep 2005 19:29:39 +1000

Cesáreo García Rodicio <cesareogarciarodicio@yahoo.es> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I'm using emacs since several years ago. I use WindowMaker manager and
> my Debian install left my Emacs with M-TAB use in Emacs, and NOT to
> change between Windows (that's what I'm expecting)
>
> I've review lists, google and even change my .xmodmap file but I
> couldn't do that.
>
> How can I use M-TAB in Emacs to change into another window and not
> emacs functions?

This needs to be done at the window manager level, not from within
emacs. The window manager sees the key combination before emacs - if
it interprets that action and does something, emacs will never see the
key combination unless the window manager is also configured to pass
that combination through to an application.

Tim

--
Tim Cross