sh-basic-offset help?

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: sh-basic-offset help?
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:12:11 -0700

Hi,

The shell script mode seems to be filled with so many offset
settings that I have trouble setting the offsets the way I
would like to have them set.  Is there a straight forward
way to find them all or else find a "master" setting that
the others can be derived from?

My preference is for "sh-basic-offset" and "sh-indentation"
to be 4.  So, I get:

for x
  do
  statement
done

Sure looks like 2 to me.  And what's with the indentation
of "do"?  do/done should line up, indented or not.  (I
would as soon not indent "do", but they must line up
either way.)  "if" seems to work okay, but:

if test x
    then
    statement
else
    statement
fi

Again, "then", "else" and "fi" ought to line up.

Hints about the magic, please?  :)  Thank you! - Bruce