Re: Info about programming emacs with lisp

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Info about programming emacs with lisp
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 17:36:58 +0200

Sauro Cesaretti wrote:

Hi all,
I'm looking for some information to learn
programming emacs with lisp.
In particular I'm looking for one basic guide
written in ascii text format.
Thanks in advance for all information.
Yours sincerely.
Sauro Cesaretti

I have found the Emacs Lisp manual that comes with Emacs CVS version (next generation Emacs) to be a good start. Inside Emacs you can also look up the code for each function in the help. This works very good in the CVS version (and since I have been mostly using that I have forgotten much about Emacs 21.3 ;-)