show-paren-mode

From: rgb
Subject: show-paren-mode
Date: 29 Sep 2005 15:30:04 -0700

I've got show-paren-style set to 'mixed.
When the matching paren is outside the window an overlay
highlights all of the visible region.  Is it possible to
have the highlighting only cover the line containing the
open and the line containing the close paren rather than
the entire area?
It doesn't appear to be an available option but I find it
annoying enough to think someone else might have written
a fix.