AUCTeX: LaTeX-close-environment

From: Mads Jensen
Subject: AUCTeX: LaTeX-close-environment
Date: 04 Oct 2005 20:29:35 +0200

Hi NG,

I am having some rather annoying issues with AUCTeX and "C-c ]", that is
supposed to be bound to LaTeX-close-environment. When I press this
combination, I get a "]", which confuses me a bit.

I tried binding the command myself to the same key combination, using:

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook
        '(lambda ()
        (define-key LaTeX-mode-map (kbd "C-c ]")
        'LaTeX-close-environment)))

But that didn't help either. Neither did binding it to "C-c x" (just to
check if I were able to bind the command to a different combination). I
am running Slackware 10.1 with emacs 21.4 and AUCTeX 11.81 (built
myself) compiled by the Slackware maintainer. I am not quite sure, but I
think the problem was introduced with emacs 21.4; has anyone experienced
similar problems or does anyone know a solution. 'M-x
LaTeX-close-environment' is annoying, when there's supposed to be a key
combination for this.
--
Mads Jensen - mail sent to address ends in /dev/null
              s/spam/madsj for emailing me

It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so
ingenious.