Re: AUCTeX: LaTeX-close-environment

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: AUCTeX: LaTeX-close-environment
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 21:02:09 +0200

Mads Jensen <spam@raptus.dk> writes:

> David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> That presumes that he actually has the Preview or LaTeX menus.  From
>> his description, I'd be tempted to guess that he has not even
>> activated AUCTeX, but is instead using Emacs' default TeX mode.
>
> It *is* activated. I am using LaTeX-mode and not latex-mode, which is
> the built-in TeX-mode.

    LaTeX-mode is an alias for `latex-mode' in `loaddefs.el'.
    [Arg list not available until function definition is loaded.]

    Major mode for editing files of input for LaTeX.
    Makes $ and } display the characters they match.
    Makes " insert `` when it seems to be the beginning of a quotation,
    and '' when it appears to be the end; it inserts " only after a \.

    Use M-x tex-region to run LaTeX on the current region, plus the preamble
    copied from the top of the file (containing \documentstyle, etc.),
    running LaTeX under a special subshell.  M-x tex-buffer does the whole
buffer.
    M-x tex-file saves the buffer and then processes the file.
    M-x tex-print prints the .dvi file made by any of these.
    M-x tex-view previews the .dvi file made by any of these.
    M-x tex-bibtex-file runs bibtex on the file of the current buffer.

[...]

> I do have the LaTeX menus, but not the preview menu, but that's
> probably a matter of simply activating it ?

Unless you have a "Command" menu, you don't have AUCTeX active.