Re: sh-basic-offset help?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: sh-basic-offset help?
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 00:01:44 -0400

> I've tried to find a solution to this and failed.  I've been looking
> for some sort of response to this, but none has appeared.  My sole
> purpose in responding is to indicate that more than one person can't
> get shell mode to do the right thing - surely someone must be using
> Emacs for writing shell scripts!

With Emacs-CVS, I get the following which looks OK to me:

  for f in *
  do
      sdfg
  done

  if swrgfef
  then blas
  else sdf
  fi

IIRC the indentation code hasn't really changed, only the default settings,
so you should be able to get basically the same behavior by fiddling with
the sh-indent-* custom vars.

        Stefan