Specify a prioritized list of default emacs fonts in .emacs?

From: Andrew M. Scott
Subject: Specify a prioritized list of default emacs fonts in .emacs?
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 06:06:09 -0700

Is there a way for me to specify a prioritized list of default
Emacs-21/22 fonts in my .emacs, such that I'd get the highest-priority
one that is actually supported on a specific platform? I'd like to
share a common .emacs file across multiple OSs.

I would envision initializing initial-frame-alist and
default-frame-alist with the result.

Thanks,
Andy Scott