Re: Narrow buffer to the results of an isearch?

From: Slawomir Nowaczyk
Subject: Re: Narrow buffer to the results of an isearch?
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 18:34:42 +0200

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 11:39:18 -0400
Ryan Newton <rrnewton@gmail.com> wrote:

#> Maybe this is impossible, I certainly haven't found anything on it yet.
#>
#> What I want is to mask the current buffer to all lines matching an
#> search.  Unfortunately I don't know if narrow-to-region can be used
#> for this, because the region is defined as a continuous area of text
#> between the mark and the point.
#>
#> Has anyone hacked up support for discontinuous regions?  Or some
#> other way that I can filter the buffer to only my lines of interest?

Depending on what do you want to do with the buffer, M-x occur might
work for you. And there is also an outline mode which you could look
into.

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with
a kind word alone.