Re: Emacs font problem

From: Tyler
Subject: Re: Emacs font problem
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 17:17:51 -0400

My apologies. I figured out the problem, and it was indeed with my X window set-up and not with Emacs.

Tyler

Tyler wrote:
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is an emacs problem or a debian problem. I've just installed Sarge, and it all seems to be working fine, except, when I open emacs all the text in the buffers appears as empty rectangles. I'm assuming this is a font problem of some sort, but I'm not sure if the problem is in my Debian setup or with the Emacs installation. Other editors appear to work fine. The X configuration file I'm using is cut and pasted from a working installation of Mepis on the same machine, as the autoconfiguration during the Sarge install failed. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks,

Tyler