Re: ISO a fast-loading Emacs

From: Max Vasin
Subject: Re: ISO a fast-loading Emacs
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 19:49:02 +0400

Pascal> bkhl@elektrubadur.se (Björn Lindström) writes:
>> Others have already suggested emacsclient, which in most cases
>> would be the best solution. On machines with no Emacs, you can
>> often still use your local Emacs and Tramp.
>>
>> In the other cases, I like to use nano, with a few options to
>> make it a bit more like Emacs, something like:
>>
>> nano -c -k -w

Pascal> This is VERY DANGEROUS.

Pascal> If you use occasionally a different editor, the risks to
Pascal> make a painfull finger error is very high.  The only thing
Pascal> you can do on an system with no emacs (eg when you're
Pascal> installing a system and the live-CD doesn't has it), is to
Pascal> install emacs before doing anything else.
Another thing to do is to use some VERY DIFFERENT editor like vi ;-)

--
WBR,
Max Vasin.