RE: Buffer Navigation

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Buffer Navigation
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:28:28 -0700

    The CVS GNU Emacs has introduced a neat way to navigate buffers with
    (C-x left/right)...

    Does anyone know of a way I could set up a
    similar navigation system that only navigates through *scratch* and
    files I have opened myself, i.e. not some temporary buffer a function
    or mode has created or opened.

There are many libraries that let you quickly switch among existing buffers
(ignoring the temporary buffers you want to ignore). Here is a good place to
start: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/SwitchingBuffers.

I (naturally) recommend my own library, Icicles, which does what you want
(IIUC) and more. The library is here:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/icicles.el. Doc is here:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/Icicles.

HTH.