Re: Translating keys

From: Mounir AITTAHAR
Subject: Re: Translating keys
Date: 20 Oct 2005 02:09:45 -0700

I'm fed up with this 9telecom news server.

> Check some of those threads that have been running these days.
> I've recently posted an explanation of the problem along with solutions.

My server news is really rubbish.

By Google, I've read your message (hope this is this one you told
about)_:

> Try M-: (read-event) RET and then hit your ò key.  It'll return the code
> Elisp receives in response to this key (e.g. 2290).  You can then bind it
> with (local-set-key [2290] "{").

Yep, it works (on my keyboard this is 3945 for "é"). I've found this
solution (cf "Non-ascii key binding..." thread) through
(read-key-sequence "").

Also I've remarked this :

(kbd "é") => 233
(multibyte-char-to-unibyte 3945) => 233
(unibyte-char-to-multibyte 233) => 2281

(- (unibyte-char-to-multibyte 233) (multibyte-char-to-unibyte 3945)) =>
2048

nonascii-insert-offset => 2048

Interesting... I have now what i need. Except the way to make a
difference between console and (X/Xterm) mode.

--
Mounir AITTAHAR