Re: How can I kill these buffers automatically (Woman-log Completions)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How can I kill these buffers automatically (Woman-log Completions)
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 09:17:45 +0200

> From: Angelina Carlton <brat@magma.ca>
> Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 15:23:43 -0400
>
> ,----
> | (autoload 'woman "woman"
> |       "Decode and browse a Unix man page." t)
> |       (setq woman-show-log nil)
> |       (setq woman-cache-filename "~/.emacs.d/wmcache.el")
> |       (global-set-key [(f1)] 'woman)
> `----
> This tells emacs NOT to display the WoMan-log buffer, yet it does
> display it and I do not know how to fix this.

That's because you set woman-show-log too late: it should be set
_before_ woman.elc is loaded.  Alternatively, use the Customize
feature to customize the value of the variable, and have Customize
write the correct code into your .emacs.

> Next one is the *Completions* buffer, I would like to nuke this buffer
> as soon as Ive made a completion.

What for?  Why would another buffer make a difference?

> Also the *Help* buffer:
>
> ,----
> | (setq remove-help-window t)
> `----
>
> This has seemingly no effect whatsover.

I don't see such a variable in my Emacs.  Where did you hear about it?

In any case, its name suggests that it removes the help _window_, not
the *Help* buffer.

I also don't see any sense in killing the *Help* buffer, because it
will be reused (and recreated, if needed) by the next help command.
It is also handy to go to that buffer if you forgot some detail.