Indenting HTML files

From: Tyler
Subject: Indenting HTML files
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 09:58:42 -0400

I'm very sorry for the doubled and misplaced posts. I've been having some problems with my newsreader (Thunderbird). It should be better now.

Hi,

I'm trying to edit an HTML file, and I am unable to indent lines with the tab key. The only thing that I've managed to make work is to mark a region, then C-x tab to indent that region by 1 space. Also, on text I have yanked into the file from the clipboard I can tab as expected. However, all the text I entered directly into Emacs is 'protected' from tabbing. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Tyler