Re: Neon Absentius - what for LaTex

From: Neon Absentius
Subject: Re: Neon Absentius - what for LaTex
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 18:44:12 +0000

On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 04:24:03PM +0200, Friedrich Laher wrote:
> "computer illiterate" ?  - but handcoding LaTex ?

Notice the quotes.

Well they had to write a thesis and/or papers so they have learned to
use LaTeX.  I don't think that it requires a lot of computer literacy
to be able to write LaTeX documents.  It just requires a somewhat
structured point of view.

> why not using Texmacs  (  www.texmacs.org )

Because I specifically need a *LaTeX editor*, IIRC Texmacs has its own
document format which exports into LaTeX with varying degrees of
accuracy.

But the real reason is that I really like emacs ;)

--
 There is no national science just as there is no national
multiplication table; what is national is no longer science.