Re: wikipedia and UTF8 coding (emacs21)

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: wikipedia and UTF8 coding (emacs21)
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 16:49:35 +0100

Am 03.11.2005 um 15:37 schrieb Uwe Brauer:

Has anybody experience with wikipedia article using UTF8 coding.

I'm not experienced with this, but I am sure that you need at least two things:

        1. fonts (in X11 or such) with these glyphs
        2. GNU Emacs 23 from CVS

GNU Emacsen 21.4 and 22 (from CVS) fail to show a particular glyph when it's not in the font or fontset used. GNU Emacs 23 is able to get the missing glyph from other fonts -- usually at the wrong size.

But I doubt that you're on the right path! HTML uses Brüder for your example ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

The human animal differs from the lesser primates in his passion for lists of "Ten Best".
                -- H. Allen Smith