RE: defcustom :type to use for a key sequence?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: defcustom :type to use for a key sequence?
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 16:29:04 -0800

Resending, hoping someone can help.  Thx.

---

    Suppose I have this:

    (defcustom the-key [(meta ?\ )] "...")
    (define-key my-map the-key 'the-cmd))

    A user might customize which key sequence is bound to `the-cmd'.

    What :type is appropriate for the defcustom? I don't see a type
    ready-made for key sequences.  Just `string'?  Or is a `choice' of
    `string' and (what kind of?) `vector' appropriate?  How can the
    :type allow for any key sequence (besides using just `sexp')?  Thx.