RE: quick change of face-size?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: quick change of face-size?
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 06:57:21 -0800

    > http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/zoom-frm.el - commands
    > to zoom a frame in or out (changing the font size).

    Thanks for this pointer. However, when I zoom in, I get the following
    error:

    Font `-Misc-Fixed-Medium-R-SemiCondensed--14-*-75-75-C-*-ISO8859-1' is
    not defined

    My default font is:

    "-Misc-Fixed-Medium-R-SemiCondensed--13-120-75-75-C-60-ISO8859-1"

    How can I ensure that my emacs has the correct fonts (or font
    definitions) so that your zoom utility will do the right thing?

I dunno. Zooming in this way just changes the font _size_ parameter. If you
try to set a font size that you don't have, you'll get an error. If you
have, say, a different increment between existing font sizes, try changing
the zoom increment. For instance, if you have size 13 and size 15, but not
14, try a zoom increment of 2, not 1. User option
`frame-zoom-font-difference' is the zoom increment - customize it as needed.

HTH. - Drew