Re: directory editor, "dired", does not work correctly as a user.

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: directory editor, "dired", does not work correctly as a user.
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 23:29:22 GMT

"Bokyun Na" <bkna@kpu.ac.kr> wrote in message
news:dks0oj$gn9$1@news2.kornet.net...
> Hello,
>
> I did use emacs without any problems.
> But I can not use "dired" mode after irregular powerdown.
> As root, I can not get any problem but as a user I can not use this
> directory editor mode.
>
> What is wrong or changed for correct working?
>
> Regards,
> bkna.

You should also add a hint as to how the emacs program behavior differs
when you log on as root from when you log on as user. If emacs works in
other respects then try typing this in the *scratch* buffer:

(dired "C:\\");; type C-j at the position of the first semicolon. [This
is MSWin shell syntax; use whatever is appropriate for Linux ( "//"
maybe)]. Do you see a dired buffer then? Maybe you deleted something in
your home directory.

I don't know whether this ng is moderated or not or if it requires
posting in English. Try Korean if you want but use unicode. Maybe there
is someone here who knows both Korean and emacs.