Re: More imenu questions

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: More imenu questions
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:11:18 +0100

Am 10.11.2005 um 20:23 schrieb gamename:

When I turn on the major mode (tcl-mode), I get this error:
"Wrong type argument: symbolp, ((TestCases "^aetest::testcase -tc_id
\\([_-A-Za-z0-9+]+\\)[ ]+{" 1))"

What am I doing wrong?

When you use in a regular expression [_-A...] this can be (mis-)interpreted as all characters in the range from _ to A. The correct description should be [-_...].

[ ]+ is unnecessarily complicated. ' +' should do the same.

{" 1))" could be misunderstood. Clarification with backslashes might be needed.

But I really don't know what you are trying ...

--
Greetings

  Pete

One doesn't expect governments to obey the law because of some
higher moral development.  One expects them to obey the law because
they know that if they don't, those who aren't shot will be hanged.
                                                 --Michael Shirley