Re: I can't find the format file `latex.efmt'!

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: I can't find the format file `latex.efmt'!
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 14:02:57 +0100

Am 12.11.2005 um 13:39 schrieb mhs208@bangor.ac.uk:

What is the file 'latex.emft'?

It's the extended format file for the latex binary (command, programme), in which many basic macros are put together for easy use, instead of loading at least dozens of files.

 How do I fix this problem?

By correcting your TeX installation!

You either have two sets of binaries (one to work with *.fmt files and another one to work with *.efmt files) or something during installation happened that the format files where not made.

I'd recommend to check the search path for binaries. If this can't fix your problem, then re-install again.

Which TeX distribution are you using? Is there no mailing list for this one? Did you find in Emacs the menu entry to report an AUCTeX bug (although it's none)?

--
Greetings

             ~  O
             ~  O  o