Re: How to create my own mode?

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: How to create my own mode?
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:07:46 +0100

Jeckob@gmx.net writes:

> Thanks you all and especialy Pascal,
> you are really a helpful person...thanks again.
>
> Can you explain me the following line you wrote to me:
>         (local-set-key (kbd "C-RET") (function newline)))))
>
> why do you use C-RET to call newline ???

because you want to use RET to call format/align-and-newline.  So when
you'll type RET, you get your formating, and if you want to insert a
newline without any formating you'd have to type: C-q C-j
but I think it'll be easier to type C-RET.

[ and of course, you'll have removed the "hk" characters; sometimes my
  iBook keyboard doesn't realize I'm pressing the control key :-( ]

         (local-set-key (kbd "RET")hk (function format/align-and-newline))
-->      (local-set-key (kbd "RET")   (function format/align-and-newline))

--
"Specifications are for the weak and timid!"