Re: can one run tk/Ruby gui code from an emacs shell with compile?

From: Anne G
Subject: Re: can one run tk/Ruby gui code from an emacs shell with compile?
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 19:56:16 -0500 (EST)

Thank you for your help.

I followed your instructions and created an .emacs_bash file
in /user/anne with unset DYLD.. .

I believe it did work in removing the dyld path
ASPELL_CONF=prefix
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources;data-dir
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lib/aspell-0.60;dict-dir
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lib/aspell-0.60;conf-dir
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/etc
COLUMNS=80
EMACS=t
EMACSDATA=/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/etc
EMACSDOC=/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/etc
EMACSLOADPATH=/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp:/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/leim:/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/site-lisp
EMACSPATH=/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/libexec:/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/bin
HOME=/Users/anne
INFOPATH=/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/info
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Users/anne:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
PWD=/Users/anne
SHELL=/bin/bash
SHLVL=1
TERM=dumb
TERMCAP=
USER=anne
_=/usr/bin/env
__CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING=0x1F6:0:0

But compile still can't find tcltklib from emacs.

I am going to upgrade to Tiger on monday. It will have ruby
1.8.2 I will try to reinstall emacs, and see if it is the
same in tiger. Maybe my problem will go away. I will let you
know what happens as soon as the computer is operative
again.

thank you so much for looking into this as you did

anne