RE: Changing Color Of Column # In Modeline

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Changing Color Of Column # In Modeline
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 10:53:07 -0800

    Well, I tried the v21 suggestions in various combinations andstill the
    column #s aren't changing in font/size/weight/color.   I've evaluated
    the above code (in various combinations), toggled tcl-mode, and also
    font-lock-mode as well.

    The specific version I'm using is: GNU Emacs 21.2.95.2

    Got any idea what I'm doing incorrectly? ;-)

Sorry, beyond what I said earlier, I don't really know what to say that
might help.

It works for me in 21.3.1. I don't have 21.2.95.2 to test with. Check the
doc for 21.2.95.2 - look in the Emacs-Lisp manual (`C-h i') to see if
"(:eval...)" is supported (just search for ":eval" - if it's not there, then
it's probably not supported).

It is not supported in Emacs 20 (which I use most of the time); it may not
be supported in 21.2.95.2 either - in that case, you're out of luck.

I assume that you already tried without your .emacs file, using emacs -q,
correct?