javascript using java-mode

From: Tony Tung
Subject: javascript using java-mode
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 11:37:47 -0800

Hi,

I've been using java-mode to edit javascript, and it works great for the most part. There is one quirk I was hoping someone could help me with. In javascript, you are allowed to pass associative arrays as arguments, like:
 foo( i, j,
      {"a": 1,

cc-mode and friends does not parse the statement as I hoped it would. If the cursor is at i or j, then c-show-syntactic-information yields ((statement xxxx)). If it is at "b", then c-show-syntactic- information yields ((defun-block-intro xxxx) (statement-cont yyyy)). Is it possible to get cc-mode to treat it like a brace-list?

Thanks!