Agent expiration

From: Gregory Novak
Subject: Agent expiration
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 22:40:47 -0800

A few things aren't clear to me about Agent expiration after reading
the manual.

I'm using the agent basically as a local cache of my mail for the
nnimap backend.

Q1: Agent expiration seems to be distinct from "normal" mail
expiration.  True?

Q2: Stuff that's deleted when I run gnus-agent-expire will be deleted
off of my local disk without deleting it off of the imap folder.
True?

Q3: I just want the agent to mirror what's going on with my imap
folders.  If I delete an article via "normal" expriation while
plugged, what happens to the agent copy of the message?

Q4: if the answer to Q3 is "nothing," is there a command to remove
messages from the agent that have disappeared from the imap server?
gnus-agent-expire doesn't (seem) to do what I want, given that it will
get rid of all messages older than some age.

Q5: Finally, is a question like this more appropriately posted to
ding@gnus.org, help-gnu-emacs@gnus.org, or somewhere else?

Thank you!
Greg