Re: problem with 'other-frame' with KDE "Focus Follows Mouse" window beh

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: problem with 'other-frame' with KDE "Focus Follows Mouse" window behavior
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:28:09 +0000

Alain Cochard <alain@geophysik.uni-muenchen.de> wrote on 14 Dec 2005
18:47:05 +0100:

> Hello.

> I'm using Emacs GNU Emacs 21.4.1
>      (i386-redhat-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
>      of 2005-05-18 on decompose.build.redhat.com
> with KDE 3.4.2-0.fc4.1 Red Hat.

> When I use the "Focus Follows Mouse" KDE window behavior, then the
> emacs command 'M-x other frame' does not work.

How, precisely, does it "not work"?  Could it be that M-x other-frame
(which has the binding C-x 5 o, by the way) does work, but that KDE
instantly restores the focus to the frame where the mouse is?

Does it still fail to work when the mouse isn't over any frame?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)
Email: aacm@muuc.dee; to decode, wherever there is a repeated letter