Re: problem with 'other-frame' with KDE "Focus Follows Mouse" window beh

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: problem with 'other-frame' with KDE "Focus Follows Mouse" window behavior
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:32:01 +0900

> (II A) Case where the frames overlap by the top right corner of the
> bottom one and the bottom left corner of the top one:

>      --------
>     |a       |
>     |        |
>  ------      |
> |b     |     |
> |      |-----
>  ------

> I start with the mouse out of either frame, frame (a) in front (i.e.,
> frame (b) partly hidden by (a) -- unlike on the "picture" above), and
> focus on (b).  On the 1st 'M-x other-frame', the curse goes to frame
> (a), frame (b) staying behind.

It seems to be just the same case as mine.  Doesn't it solve by
the following?

(if (and (not (featurep 'xemacs))
         window-system)
    (defadvice raise-frame (after make-it-work (&optional frame) activate)
      "Make it work."
      (call-process
       "wmctrl" nil nil nil "-i" "-R"
       (frame-parameter (or frame (selected-frame)) 'outer-window-id))))

Where "wmctrl" is the external command which you can get from:

http://sweb.cz/tripie/utils/wmctrl/

Note that you have to install the "wmctrl" command before
putting the advice into the ~/.emacs file.