Re: Printing from WindowXP version of emacs

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Printing from WindowXP version of emacs
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:29:03 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:35:51 +0100
From: Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman.073@student.lu.se>
Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

See http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/PrintWithWebBrowser

Yuck!  Don't we have a better way than to submit print jobs to Notepad
and Explorer??
Did you try it? I have not yet seen a more easy way to print with Emacs on MS Windows. Before I wrote this I tested all the alternatives in the Emacs MS Windows FAQ. Nothing worked for the networked printers on my job.

With this solution you just load an elisp file and call a function that adds printing to the menus. That is it. You do not have to tell where the printer is or what type it is.

What you get is printing in colors (if your printer supports it of course). It looks exactly as that you have on your screen in Emacs. This is what I need. What you perhaps miss is some formatting that can be done using the postscript printing solutions in Emacs.

But I may be biased of course ;-)