RE: icicles lisp-mode dabbrev-completion

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: icicles lisp-mode dabbrev-completion
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 15:51:41 -0800

    I would like to use icicles' dabbrev-completion
    in lisp mode with tab. So my .emacs contains:

    (setq icicle-redefine-standard-commands-flag 1)
    (require 'icicles)
    (define-key global-map "\t" 'dabbrev-completion)

    and later

    (autoload 'lisp-mode "lisp-mode" "Lisp Mode." t)
    (add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook '(lambda ()
                      (define-key lisp-mode-map "\t" 'dabbrev-completion)))
    (add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook '(lambda ()
                      (define-key global-map "\t" 'dabbrev-completion)))

    But it has no effect.
    In text-mode dabbrev-completion works, but not in lisp mode
    (especially, it does not work in *scratch*)
    What do I miss? Thanks for any hints.

This question concerns library icicles.el, which is not part of GNU Emacs.
Since this mailing list is for vanilla GNU Emacs, not external libraries,
I'll reply off list.  I'm happy to reply to questions about Icicles at my
own email address or, better, on the EmacsWiki page for discussion of
Icicles: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/IciclesDiscussion.

For those who might be wondering, Icicles can be found at
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/icicles.el. Thx.