Re: Printing from WindowXP version of emacs

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Printing from WindowXP version of emacs
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 10:38:45 +0100

Am 17.12.2005 um 09:20 schrieb Eli Zaretskii:

This interface is for browsing a URL, not for printing.  What we want,
I think, is a way to print on the default printer that doesn't require
the user to press any more buttons or choose menu items on the Web
browser.

It would be nicer, if we'd had the chance to set some parameters for printing, like two sides on one page of paper, landscape instead of portrait ... All this is introduced with printing from the Internet browser. It has this valuable access to the printing interface since it's better integrated into the operating system. And Lennart's approach delivers too the transformation from the plethora of Emacs coding systems to the one: Unicode for printing. The (modern) operating system knows how to handle this uniform system in an environment with a particuliar language and script.

--
Greetings

  Pete

  It's not the valleys in life I dread so much as the dips.
                --      Garfield