session.el problem

From: wanglichunpost
Subject: session.el problem
Date: 17 Dec 2005 08:21:13 -0800

Hi there,
 I'm using Emacs 21.4.1 on Debian with ido.el ibuffer.el desktop
According to the session.el,it put the following into my .emacs file:

(require 'session)
(add-hook 'after-init-hook 'session-initialize)
(setq session-save-file "~/.session")

but  it doesn't work.there has no two new submenus: Open...recently
changed and Open...recently visited as session.el discribed.
and also my kill-ring ,my.session  is empty.I could not figure out yet
if or how I could configure the behavior  wanted. Any hints would be
appreciated.

my  .emacs:
(setq current-language-environment "Chinese-GBK")
(set-keyboard-coding-system 'chinese-iso-8bit)
(prefer-coding-system 'gb2312)
(global-font-lock-mode t)
(tool-bar-mode 0)
(setq delete-auto-save-files t)

;session.el
(require 'session)
(add-hook 'after-init-hook 'session-initialize)
(setq session-save-file "~/.session")

;;setnu.el
(require 'setnu)
(setnu-mode t)
;; ido.el
(require 'ido)
(ido-mode t)
;; ibuffer.el
(require 'ibuffer)
(global-set-key (kbd "C-x C-b") 'ibuffer)
;;desktop.el embeded in emacs,it should be placed at the last of all
the el file
(load "desktop")
(desktop-load-default)
(desktop-read)
;; enable copy &paste between application and emacs
(setq x-select-enable-clipboard t)
(setq interprogram-paste-function 'x-cut-buffer-or-selection-value)

Regards