help with minor mode for word highlighting

From: address@hidden
Subject: help with minor mode for word highlighting
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:01:06 -0600

Greetings:

In the interest of time, I'm writing asking for a little help getting the ball rolling on this. I've spent 3 days poking around on the internet and trying various approaches--but have come up short. I'm trying to write a very simple minor-mode for highlighting some words under text-mode. Here are the specifics of what would be great to see example code of:

-- minor-mode skeleton to run alongside text-mode/paragraph-indent- minor-mode
-- an example of creating a custom font-lock face for this mode
-- an example of coloring a list of words using the custom face
-- an example of coloring based on a regex

That's it, really. No functions or specified indentation. I just want some special coloring on top of text-mode running paragraph-indent- minor-mode.

Any suggestions, examples of code, or tutorial links to help accomplish this would be *greatly* appreciated.

Thanks!