Re: increasing *gud* buffer max size.

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: increasing *gud* buffer max size.
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:47:46 -0700

,----[ C-h v comint-buffer-maximum-size RET ]
| comint-buffer-maximum-size's value is 1024
|
| Documentation:
| *The maximum size in lines for comint buffers.
| Comint buffers are truncated from the top to be no greater than this number, if | the function `comint-truncate-buffer' is on `comint-output-filter-functions'.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| Defined in `comint'.
`----

So you probably need to do one of these things in an appropriate hook:

(remove-hook (make-local-hook 'comint-output-filter-functions)
             'comint-truncate-buffer
             t)                         ; redundant?

(set (make-local-variable 'comint-buffer-maximum-size)
     (lsh -1 -1))                       ; see most-positive-fixnum

There's no general gud-mode-hook, only gdb-mode-hook, perldb-mode-hook,
etc. so it depends on how you invoke gdb.  For example:

(add-hook 'gdb-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            (remove-hook ...)))

--