Re: How to bind keys in emacs?

From: Cameron Desautels
Subject: Re: How to bind keys in emacs?
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:18:38 -0600

On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 09:24:34AM +0100, Pascal Bourguignon wrote:
> > I want to use F5 keys to serve as C-x C-s [save buffer].
> > and  use F5 keys to serve as C-z [suspend].
> >
> > What should i write in my ~/.emacs?
>
> If find it strange that you have non-deterministics wants, but here you are:

Hah.  I think that was a typo.  I think he wants [f5] as save-buffer
and [f6] as suspend.  Like so:

(global-set-key [f5] 'save-buffer)
(global-set-key [f6] 'suspend-emacs)
--
Cameron Desautels <cam@apt2324.com>

Given infinite time, 100 monkeys could type out the complete works of
Shakespeare.  Win 98 source code? Eight monkeys, five minutes.