How can I move my cursor 80 characters with a key binding?

From: Scott Teresi (sent by Nabble.com)
Subject: How can I move my cursor 80 characters with a key binding?
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 22:08:54 -0800 (PST)

I'm trying to figure out how to bind a key combination to a function which would move the cursor forward about 80 characters (or back 80 characters). I sometimes type very long lines in emacs and would like to be able to navigate through the line quicker than one space at a time or one word at a time. Thanks for any advice anyone can provide!

Scott

Sent from the Emacs - Help forum at Nabble.com:
How can I move my cursor 80 characters with a key binding?