Re: How to bind (shift Fx) for emacs in putty?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: How to bind (shift Fx) for emacs in putty?
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 15:51:08 +0100

Am 25.12.2005 um 15:04 schrieb c.c:

Hm, this is not a pseudo code. If I replace [(shift f1)] with [f1], the
key f1 will print the "Hello world" in the buff.

Indeed! Settings like

        (global-set-key [f6]            "Nix!")
        (global-set-key [s-f6]          "Auch nix!")

work for me (the version of Emacs I used does not allow to distinguish f6 from S-f6 (shift f6) so I used the super modifier)! Although it's really not the proper way to do it.

Again, I would bind the keys by hand first and retrieve afterwards with repeat-complex-command their bindings and see if they really are different. Stefan Monnier gave in a simliar situation this hint:

Try M-: (read-event) RET and then hit your ò key. It'll return the code Elisp receives in response to this key (e.g. 2290). You can then bind it
        with (local-set-key [2290] "{").

--
Greetings

  Pete