Re: how can I isearch in selected region?

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: how can I isearch in selected region?
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 14:58:55 +0200

On 28 Dec 2005 02:34:21 -0800, "luciferleo" <LuciferLeo@gmail.com> wrote:
> given a region selected by C-@, you can kill-region by C-w, you can
> kill-ring-save by M-w
>
> given a buffer, you can isearch-forward by C-s, you can
> isearch-backward by C-r
>
> but how can you combine them? I cannot find a isearch-forward-region or
> something related.

You can narrow the buffer to the region with ``C-x n n'', perform
any operation that would affect the entire buffer only on the
narrowed region and widen the view of the current buffer to the
full buffer contents with ``C-x n w'' again.

I regularly use this to replace-string or replace-regexp in a
region and it works quite fine :)