Re: String Indent Behavior in TCL Mode - Not Possible?

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: String Indent Behavior in TCL Mode - Not Possible?
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 19:23:54 -0800 (PST)

gamename> Hi,
gamename> In TCL, I often run into a situation like this:

gamename> if {<true>} {
gamename> set astring  "
gamename> foo
gamename> bar
gamename> "
gamename> }

gamename> The problem is that the "foo" and "bar" lines need to be manually
gamename> indented because anything between double-quotes is freeform.  There
gamename> doesn't seem to be a way to have these string lines auto-indent.

gamename> Is there any way get these to auto-indent?

Probably not.  But you can get my mindent.el (posted to .sources some time ago)
which helps in situations like this.

Another workaround is align-regexp.

--
A true pessimist won't be discouraged by a little success.