Re: .emacs_bash

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: .emacs_bash
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 10:32:04 +0100

Am 05.01.2006 um 03:25 schrieb Will Parsons:

If I remove this file, the multiple prompts go away (and I have the screwed up ls output), but I don't understand why it causes the multiple prompts.

I have a similiar case with tcsh. Here I can clearly write that unsetenv commands in .emacs_tcsh make the multiple prompts. For your .emacs_bash example no reason can be found. Could be the execution of .bashrc causes them ... ?

A way to trace the reason is to add at the beginning and at the end of the dot files a statement like

        echo '<whatever> file starts|ends here'

This way you can at least find out which file makes it happen.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.
                -- Elbert Hubbard